Aden. Yemen's Houthi rebel group fired a missile against the pro-government forces in Yemen's northern province of Marib on Tuesday, killing two soldiers, a military official told Xinhua.
"A base of the pro-government forces in Marib was targeted by a missile attack launched by the Houthi rebels," the military source said on condition of anonymity.
"Only two soldiers were killed during the Houthi attack that apparently targeted senior military officials there," he added.
A government source based in Marib said the Houthi-fired missile targeted the temporary headquarters of Yemen's Defense Ministry.
"The missile targeted a meeting of the country's defense minister and senior military leaders, but it missed," he added.
All pro-government military officials, including Defense Minister Mohammed Maqdashy, survived the attack, according to the government source.
So far, the Houthi rebels have not claimed responsibility for the attack in Marib.
During the past years, Houthis used to fire ballistic missiles against military bases of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government in Marib.
In September 2015, a Houthi missile attack on Marib killed 50 soldiers from the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, which are part of the Saudi-led coalition that has been supporting the Yemeni government in fighting against Iran-allied Shiite Houthi rebels since March 2015.